Companies nationwide manufacture, warehouse and ship chemical products that keep our world clean, healthy and hygienic. As a manufacturer of chemical cleaning products, safety is a top priority, which is why it’s important to know the differences between types of chemical cleaning products and their uses. In this article, we’ll discuss industrial & institutional and janitorial & household cleaning products, which can be easily confused.
What Is Janitorial & Household Cleaning?
Janitorial & household cleaning typically involves the regular maintenance and cleaning of residential and commercial spaces. This includes dusting, mopping, vacuuming, window cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces.
Types of Janitorial & Household Cleaning Products
- Washing detergent
- Dish detergents
- Air fresheners +
- Kitchen and Bathroom cleaners
What Is Industrial & Institutional Cleaning?
Industrial & institutional (I&I) cleaning is heavy-duty cleaning of commercial, manufacturing or institutional spaces. These environments often require specialized cleaning products that can tackle tough stains, grease or other specific challenges.
Types of I&I Cleaning Products
- Floor Cleaners
What Are the Differences Between Janitorial & Household and I&I Cleaning Products?
The three main differences between these types of chemical cleaning products are size, cost and strength.
- Size: Industrial cleaning products are typically sold in larger quantities and sizes, such as pails and drums, while household cleaning products are usually packaged in spray bottles.
- Cost: Industrial cleaning products are often more expensive than regular household cleaners and may not be readily available in typical retail stores, making them less convenient to obtain.
- Strength: Industrial cleaning products are designed for heavy-duty cleaning, such as removing grease or grime from machinery or large surfaces. For most janitorial and household cleaning, milder and more appropriate cleaning agents will get the job done effectively without the need for industrial-strength chemicals.
Can You Use Industrial Cleaning Products for Janitorial & Household Cleaning?
I&I cleaning products are manufactured for specific industries, including laundry, food and beverage processing and car wash. While it may seem that stronger industrial cleaning products could also be used in janitorial and household settings, such as schools, gyms and homes, this is not recommended for several reasons.
- Safety - I&I cleaners are formulated with strong chemicals that can be highly corrosive, toxic or irritating to the skin, eyes and respiratory system. When used improperly or without adequate ventilation, they can pose health risks to adults, children and pets.
- Environment - I&I cleaners often contain harsh chemicals that are not environmentally friendly. This can have a negative impact on aquatic life, soil quality and overall ecosystems if they are improperly used or disposed of.
- Protection of Household Surfaces - Countertops, floors and other delicate materials are not designed to withstand the powerful chemicals found in industrial cleaners. Using these on such surfaces can cause discoloration, fading, etching or other damage.
For janitorial and household cleaning, chemical cleaning products that are specially formulated for residential use will effectively tackle everyday cleaning tasks.
Why Partner With Royal Chemical for Janitorial & Household or I&I Chemical Manufacturing?
Whether you require a high-performance degreaser, stain-fighting laundry detergent or powerful dish detergent, you need a reliable, experienced chemical contract manufacturer that knows your industry. Royal Chemical excels in manufacturing effective cleaning solutions tailored to your specific needs and we have the know-how and technology to deliver exceptional results.
Our services include liquid blending, powder blending, packaging and warehousing & shipment solutions. We’ll see your chemical products through from production to distribution while prioritizing stringent quality control measures, product safety and environmental sustainability. We’ll work closely with you to optimize costs without compromising on product quality, helping you maintain a competitive edge in the market. Contact us today.